Friday, March 16, 2012

DIY CUSTOM STEPPING STONES

We have been getting a lot of rain lately and our yard turns into a soggy mess.  I love cute step stones, but they're so dang expensive!  Here's a super simple and inexpensive project for all you yard lovers on a budget.

TOTAL COST : About $25 for 20 stepping stones!


1.  SUPPLIES NEEDED : Spray paint in a color of your choice, painters or masking tape, and inexpensive concrete blocks (I purchased mine at Walmart for $1/each).

2.  TAPE OFF YOUR BLOCKS : I'm a minimalist and went with a simple square pattern.  Stripes or a chevron pattern would be super cute too!

3.  SPRAY PAINT YOUR SQUARES : Spray a thin coat of spray paint evenly across the entire surface.

4.  REMOVE YOUR TAPE : And you're done!  Let the paint dry for a few hours before stepping on them.


Send me a photo if you give this a try.  I'd love to see how yours turn out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...